Reflexology has many benefits as well as some limitations also. Here we will discuss about Reflexology Benefits and Limitations.
What is Reflexology?
Reflexology is a very old Chinese Acupressure Technique that is helpful to heal various deceases. Reflexology works on energy pathways of Human Body to cure the problems. Reflexology works on several pressure points which are connected with some major organs of the body. Applying correct pressure on the exact Reflexology pressure points helps to reduce pains and aches from various parts of body. However Reflexology can be helpful only if the pressure points are stimulated on a regular basis. Reflexology is an easiest way to deal with so many problems which arise in Human Body in daily routine. Moreover, Reflexology does not have any side effects. The only thing we should keep in mind that the Reflexology pressure points must be stimulated in correct method.
Reflexology regulates the energy pathways of Human Body through some pressure points situated on feet and hands. Reflexology Therapy helps in reducing Physical and Mental Stress of Body. Reflexology Acupressure Points are very effective and necessary in present time. Reflexology pressure points heal various types of disorders like Sleeping Disorder, Eating Disorder, etc. The common pains and aches like Headache, Toothache, Neck pain, Back pain, Knee pain, etc. can be reduces by Reflexology. Reflexology Therapy is also proven working on some serious problems like Sinus Congestion, Nasal Problems, Anxiety and Stress, Depression, Insomnia, Indigestion problems, Migraine, Menstrual Disorders, Diarrhea etc.
Reflexology: Benefits and Limitations
Reflexology Method is useful in many ways. With help of Reflexology Points, any decease of Human Body can be controlled, healed and reduced. But like every other therapies, Reflexology also has pros and cons. The Reflexology benefits and limitations which can be explained as follows:
Benefits / Advantages of Reflexology:
Reflexology is helpful to…
- Improve blood circulation and energy in body by stimulating pressure points.
- Give relief in Stress and helps in Stress Management.
- Relieve Back Pain, Neck Pain, Neck Stiffness, Shoulder Tension, Headache, Toothache, etc.
- Help improve digestion functioning and reduce Stomach problems such as Acidity, Ulcer, Chest burn, Gas.
- Remove craving for food and balance appetite and reduce amount of wastes.
- Relieve Depression, Nausea and other mental disorders.
- Heal Sinus Congestion and Nasal Problems.
- Reduce Nasal pain and to get rid of Runny or Stuffy Nose.
- Give relief in lung problems.
- Relieve Ankle Pain, Knee Pain, Elbow Pain, etc.
- Improve Skin tone and heal skin disorders.
- Improve Eye sight through massaging points.
- Reduce hair loss and hair fall.
- Give relief in cold, cough, constipation, Arthritis, Dizziness and Sore throat.
- Fight with Diabetes, Asthma, Thyroid problem etc.
- Improve memory power.
- Heal Menstrual Disorders in women.
- Reduce irritability, anger and frustration.
- Fight with addictions like tobacco, smoking, etc. by stimulating some pressure points.
- Heal some sexual problems also.
- Heal the injuries due to sports.
- Give Relaxation to the body.
- Reflexology can be applied to the person of any age.
- Reflexology is very easy and can be applied anywhere (irrelevant of place).
- Reflexology is useful for self-treatment, it does not ask for an Expert every time.
- Reflexology is not painful at all.
- Reflexology improves immune system of body.
Limitations / Disadvantages of Reflexology:
Even if Reflexology has lots of benefits as mentioned above, it also has some limitations. You must remember the Limitations of Reflexology before applying the Reflexology Technique. The Disadvantages / Limitations of Reflexology Therapy are as follows:
Reflexology cannot heal or may be harmful in following cases:
- Applying pressure at wrong pressure point will not give relief to the problem. But it may lead to rise of some other problem.
- Incorrect pressure may create more trouble in body and too much pressure may fracture the pressure spot part.
- When the pressure is higher that requirement, It creates pain near the pressure point or in that part of body.
- When a person having no experience tries to apply the Reflexology Technique, gets nothing but the pain in return.
- Reflexology is tough when a person does not know how to apply pressure and also not able to find an Expert of Reflexology.
- Reflexology has not proven as treatment for Cancer.
- Reflexology reduces the problems, heals the problem but cannot be used as conventional medicines / medications to cure the problem completely.
- Reflexology can cure the decease on short term, may be the signs of the decease rise again in near future.
- Reflexology does not guarantee to cure some serious problems or critical stage of illness.
- Reflexology Treatment may be very expensive if the Expert of Reflexology is required on a regular basis. The Reflexology Experts charge too much fees for one session.
- When the illness is at higher stage, Reflexology cannot cure it early, the patient will have to take conventional medicines.
- Sometimes it is risky to go for Reflexology when the decease is older.